Bangladesh has a total of 11 airports, out of which 5 are domestic and 3 are international. All the airports in Bangladesh are operated and maintained by the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh under the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism. This article provides an overview of all the airports that are operational in Bangladesh.
Overview of Airports in Bangladesh
There are five operational Domestic Airports in Bangladesh: Cox’s Bazar Airport, Shah Makhdum Airport, Jessore Airport, Saidpur Airport and Barishal Airport. There are three International Airports: Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (Dhaka), Osmani International Airport (Sylhet) and Shah Amanat International Airport (Chittagong).
Who Won The Wimbledon Open 2023 In The Female Category?
Domestic Airports in Bangladesh
- Cox’s Bazar Airport – Located in Cox's Bazar, it is the busiest airport in Bangladesh. It serves both domestic and international flights.
- Shah Makhdum Airport – Located in Rajshahi city, 10 km North beside Rajshahi-Nowgon highway. Airlines: Biman Bangladesh Airlines (Dhaka-Rajshahi), Novoair (Dhaka-Rajshahi), US-Bangla Airlines (Dhaka-Rajshahi).
- Jessore Airport – Located in Jessore, it serves both domestic and international flights.
- Saidpur Airport – Located in Nilphamari district, it serves only domestic flights.
- Barishal Airport – Located in Barisal, it serves only domestic flights.
International Airports in Bangladesh
- Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport – Located at Kurmitola, 18 kilometer north of Dhaka zero point, it is the largest international airport in Bangladesh. It serves both domestic and international flights.
- Osmani International Airport – Located in Sylhet, it serves both domestic and international flights.
- Shah Amanat International Airport – Located in Chittagong, it serves both domestic and international flights.
Shah Makhdum Airport, Rajshahi
Shah Makhdum Airport is one of the most well-built airports in Bangladesh. It is located in Rajshahi city (10 km North beside Rajshahi-Nowgon highway). The destination route for this airport is Dhaka-Rajshahi. Three airlines operate from this airport – Biman Bangladesh Airlines (Dhaka-Rajshahi), Novoair (Dhaka-Rajshahi), US-Bangla Airlines (Dhaka-Rajshahi). Air travel to and from this airport has become popular in recent days.