Delhi Airport (IATA: DEL, ICAO: VIDP), also known as Indira Gandhi International Airport and IGI Airport, is the only airport serving the city of New Delhi. The Airport is the busiest one in India in terms of passenger traffic and cargo. Its official name is Indira Gandhi International Airport, and from that name came the abbreviation "IGI". This aviation hub is the busiest in India and one of the busiest in all of Asia, and is also among the top-15 busiest in the world. Spread over an area of 5,106 acres (2,066 ha), it is situated in Palam, Delhi, 15 km (9.3 mi) southwest of the New Delhi Railway Station and 16 km (9.9 mi) from New Delhi city centre.
1. Overview of Delhi Airport
Indira Gandhi International Airport is a major international gateway to India and serves as a hub for AirAsia India, Air India, GoAir, SpiceJet, IndiGo, Vistara and many more airlines. It has three terminals – Terminal 1A, Terminal 1B and Terminal 3. All flights are handled at these three terminals. There are several restaurants, cafes, duty free shops, lounges, car rental services and other facilities available inside the airport.
Belgaum Airport Non-Stop Flights And Latest Information
2. Airport Facilities & Services
The airport offers a wide range of facilities and services including:
List Of Direct Flights From Ranchi Airport With Useful Updates
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the airport
- 24/7 medical service
- ATMs located across the terminal
- Currency exchange booths
- Dining options with local and international cuisine
- Shops selling souvenirs, books, electronics and more
- Lounges offering comfortable seating and complimentary refreshments
- Car rental services
3. Transfer Tips for Delhi Airport
- Taxi – Taxis are available outside the arrivals hall of each terminal. You can also book your taxi online or through the app.
- Bus – Buses run between the airport and various locations in Delhi.
- Train – The nearest railway station is the New Delhi Railway Station.
- Metro – The closest metro station is the Dwarka Sector 21 Metro Station.
4. Car Rental Information
If you plan on renting a car, there are several car rental companies available at the airport, such as Avis, Hertz and Sixt. You can choose from a variety of cars, ranging from small economy cars to luxury vehicles. When renting a car, make sure to check the insurance policy before signing any documents.