Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is the second busiest airport in the United States, located 7 miles west of Charlotte, North Carolina. It is a major hub for American Airlines and offers an array of services, shops and parking options to its passengers. This article will provide all the information you need to know about CLT Airport, including directions, flights & services, shops and parking.
1. About CLT Airport
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (IATA: CLT, ICAO: KCLT, FAA LID: CLT) serves the city of Charlotte in North Carolina, United States, and is located 7 miles (10 km) west of Charlotte. Charlotte Airport is currently the second largest hub for American Airlines after Dallas Forth Worth International Airport and, on the East Coast, it is the second busiest airport. According to Airport Council International’s 2021 rankings, CLT has an average of 1,424 arrivals and departures and 118,636 people traveling to, from and though CLT each day.
What Is CLT Airport?
2. Directions to CLT Airport
To get to CLT Airport, take Exit 32 to Little Rock Road and proceed south on Little Rock Road. Proceed straight through the traffic lights to continue onto North Josh Birmingham Parkway. Continue across Wilkinson Boulevard to the Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
3. Flights & Services at CLT
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport provides domestic and international flights to over 200 destinations worldwide.
- It also provides ground transportation services such as rental cars, taxis, limousines, shuttles and more.
- The airport also offers a range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, ATMs, charging stations, pet relief areas, art installations and more.
4. Shops & Parking at CLT
- There are several shops available at CLT Airport, ranging from duty-free stores to gift shops and newsstands.
- Parking is available at both short-term and long-term lots, with rates starting at $12/day.
- Valet parking is also available for those who want to leave their car in a secure area while they travel.